A Letter to Sweet Pea A Letter to Sweet Pea | Corinne Bowen

A Letter to Sweet Pea

by Corinne on September 15, 2012

Sweet Pea

Dear Sweet Pea (our kitty who is now in heaven),

We miss you. A lot.

I want to thank you for teaching me some things:

Vulnerability is not a weakness, it’s actually very brave. (I’m sorry for all the times I pushed away your furry affection.)

The companionship of an animal is priceless and powerful. Thank you for being my husband’s pal when I was away from home for weeks at a time, many years ago. Your presence helped keep our family strong and happy.

Life is fragile. Thanks for giving me perspective. Losing you made me see what I have. I’m going to try, a little more each day, to let go of what I can’t change and soak in the blessings staring me in the face.

Don’t wait to tell someone how much you care. I’m going work at being more patient, giving more hugs, and telling my friends and family how much I love them and how special and unique they are, because of you.

The best kind of love is never-ending and blind. I’m going to give more of that kind of love.

You weren’t just a pet, you were part of our little family. You stole our hearts and we’ll never forget you. Thanks for making every day brighter with your raspy meow, your ceaseless snuggles and your unconditional love.

❤,
Corinne (Steve, Audrey and Thomas too!)

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Lori September 17, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I’m crying. This is a beautiful letter. Sending love.

2 Corinne September 17, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Thank you, Lori! Sending you love, too:)

3 Suzanne September 17, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Thank you for sharing this. Sweet Pea will live on in your hearts. xo

4 Corinne September 17, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Thanks, Buddy! You were always so sweet to her. xoxo

5 mj September 17, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Hi Corinne!
This is “granola” from Kris’ Crazy Sexy Life page. I saw your post on KrisCarr.com, and found your blog by clicking on your name. I just read the past few blogs you wrote. First, I am so sorry to hear about Sweet Pea, and this is the most beautiful letter! Second, congrats on your Kris Carr creative director position! I love the new site! I love your site too! Between you and Kris Carr, I am completely inspired to bring my passion for wellness, animal advocacy, and the environment to the next level. Thank you so much! After I post this, I am subscribing to your blog!
In gratitude,
mj “granola” xoxo
P.S. You have a beautiful family! I am so happy for you!

6 Corinne September 18, 2012 at 7:32 am

Hi Granola! It’s great to hear from you. I am so happy to hear that you are inspired. Your passion has always inspired me:) Thank you for all of your kind words. I hope to “see” more of you now that we’ve reconnected. xoxo